Terms & Conditions
These terms & conditions form the agreement between you the customer named within as (the Customer) and our company, named (Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions). We both agree that these terms will apply to the agreement between us unless changes to these terms are agreed by both parties in writing.
1. The agreement between us is subject to availability of the products to be sold or services to be rendered. We Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions shall be entitled to cancel the agreement at any time and if we do so our liability to you will be limited to us having to return any money paid to Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions for services rendered, which we will do immediately.
2. Our fixed price quotation is valid for three months from the date shown subject to material price increases and will be confirmed at time of placing order. Estimates are exactly that, and can reasonably be expected to be slightly more or less than the figure provided. Customers are always fully informed of any changes in costings and work carried out.
3. All works to be undertaken by Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions. Any subcontractor used will be at the approval of the customer.
4. We Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions shall be entirely responsible for the quality and other provisions of installation or fixing services. Where the services of an electrician or any other third party trade is required, we will be happy to provide the required services to the customer. Payment for such services are to be made directly to “Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions”.
5. Final connections of underfloor heating or any new electrical devices to the mains has to be completed by a certified electrician.
6. Where we Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions” are providing installation services it shall be the responsibility of you “the Customer” to ensure that the place where the installation services are to be provided are safe and have been prepared ready for the installation works to commence. In particular, we may both have agreed separately that in addition to these terms you are to have undertaken certain works such as tile removal or plastering before the installation works we have agreed to do can commence. In the event that you the Customer may have failed or omitted to complete any pre installation works then Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions may choose either to decline to proceed with the installation services until you have undertaken the pre installation works or alternatively Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions may be at liberty to carry out the said works at the expense of you the customer and payment will be due from you immediately upon completion of these additional works.
7. Where we have agreed a price to undertake installation works this is agreed on the basis of the information which is known to Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions at the time or which ought reasonably to have been known to Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions. Occasionally during the course of installation works matters do sometimes arise which are unforeseen or which we could not have been expected to foresee. You “the Customer” agree that in these circumstances there may be additional works that are required to be done for which an additional fee will be payable by you based on a fair and reasonable amount for the work involved and the materials necessary. Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions agree that no such additional works will be done or charged for unless we have given you “the Customer” prior notice.
8. We Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions do not possess a waste carriers licence and therefore are unable to dispose of any waste. It is usually suitably bagged in a tear proof rubble bag and left in a suitable location on site. Removal of waste can be arranged for a small fee by means of a skip or “hippo bag” service which will be collected by a designated waste disposal company.
9. All wet areas exposed to a shower spray will be fully tanked”. Clients who decline this will be invited to sign a disclaimer for failure due to lack of tanking. Any guarantee on fitment will also be invalidated.
10. A deposit of 25% of the total price is payable at the time of placing the order (or on confirmation of the start date of works).
11. On commencement of works and delivery of materials, a further 25% of the total price is payable to cover the cost of materials.
12. It is agreed that payment in full (remaining 50%) will be made to Plan Tec Tiling on presentation of invoice at completion of works. Late payment of invoices of more than 7 days will be considered as a breach of terms and may, at the discretion of Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions result in loss of any warranties. This will not affect your statutory rights and any manufacturer guarantees will still apply. Late payments after 7 days from completion date will accumulate interest at 3% APR.
13. Payment will be accepted as cash, bank transfer, credit or debit card (via iZettle mobile card reader) or cheque. Card payments (via our handheld card reader) will incur a 2.75% merchant fee.
Goods will not be ordered until payment has cleared through our bank account. Payment for installation works will be made by “the customer” at completion of works on presentation of invoice. We both agree that the terms as to payment are fundamental to the agreement between us and that any breach of those terms by you “the Customer” would entitle Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions to treat the agreement as being broken. Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions would then be entitled to claim from you an amount of money equal to the amount of money they have lost because of your fundamental breach of the terms as to payment. It is assumed that by making a payment or deposit or authorising the work, you have read and agreed to our terms as set out in this document.
14. Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions remains the legal owner of the goods until payment in full has been made for them. If you “the Customer” obtain possession of the goods before making full payment for them you agree to hold them on behalf of Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions” until full payment has been made when you “the Customer” will then become the legal owner.
15. Workmanship and installation is covered by our 12 month warranty where all products have been supplied and installed by ourselves. In any other case (i.e. client purchases own adhesives) then we can only offer a 6 month guarantee. Sadly I cannot offer any guarantee if a client prepares substrate themselves with their own products.
Products and materials are subject to manufacturers warranties which vary according to manufacturer terms and conditions. This warranty does not cover parts or materials not supplied by us. We will not be liable for additional labour caused by defect or damaged goods supplied by a third party. Where third party goods or materials are to be supplied by “the customer”, it is the customers responsibility to ensure that goods or materials are correct, free from defect and will fit into the installation.
16. You may cancel your order with no charge by informing us within 14 days of the order being placed. We Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions reserve the right to retain any deposits made if the cancellation terms are breached.
17. While we take extreme care to avoid any damage to your property and are fully insured, we can not be held responsible for damage caused to pictures/furnishings that can be moved whilst transporting tools and materials through your property and it is your responsibility to move any such items.
18. We will be allowed reasonable access to your water, electricity and toilet facilities at your cost. You will make available reasonable storage space for the duration of the works.
19. Whilst all due care will be taken, we cannot be held responsible for dust/dirt that may be caused during the period of our work, nor can we be held responsible for any damage caused to personal items left within our ongoing work area. These should be removed/relocated or covered before arrival on site at the customers own cost.
20. You are responsible for all legal requirements (Including planning and building regulations).
21. Notification of changes to the agreed schedule of works should be made by fax, email or in writing to “Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions” prior to two working days before the agreed start date. Please note that we will charge reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred from the change of plans if notice has not been given prior to 2 working days before the start date.
22. We will be responsible for all health and safety issues relating to the works being carried out.
23. We will not disclose or sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party.
24. It is agreed by you The Customer” and Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions that any images such as before, during and after photos of the bathroom works are the property of Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions and may be used at the discretion of Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions for the purpose of future advertising. We always consult the customer prior to any images being taken.